As you may know, this week is the week that SL Relay for LIfe kicks off! There will be plenty of events from various teams and from the SL Relay for Life Committee. At the Torch we are going to make it easier for you to find these events, by doing a seperate posting each week about the ongoing major SL Relay for Life events! We hope you check out some of the events and even hold a few yourself! Today we will focus on Fashion for Life. If you love clothing and shopping in Second Life, then tp over to this great event, where your shopping to help raise a cure for cancer.
FASHION FOR LIFE INFORMATION (from the BOSL website):
Every year, hundreds of people in Second Life ™ give their time, creativity and money to help raise funds and awareness on behalf of the ‘American Cancer Society’ at FASHION FOR LIFE.
This year from March 9th – 17th, an incredible 9 sims built by some of the grids best artists and builders will open to the public based on the theme of ‘The Seven Ancient Wonders of the World.’
But it’s not only the very best fashion you can expect to see this year but also dazzling art, beautiful buildings and a schedule of live events and fashion shows produced by SL’s top fashion agencies!
SIM BUILDERS & SPONSORS:
▪ Great Pyramid of Giza – Built by Thoth Jantzen – Sponsored by Chop Zuey Couture and Jewellery
▪ Hanging Gardens of Babylon – Built by Patch Thibaud – Sponsored by Tres Beau Designs in honor of loved ones lost.
▪ Statue of Zeus at Olympia – Built by KarlinJames Zepp – Sponsored by Sonatta Morales *8* Vintage Couture
▪ Temple of Artemis at Ephesus – Built by nexuno Thespian – Sponsored by Leri Miles Designs, Quality mesh fashion for men and women.
▪ Mausoleum at Halicarnassus – Built by Kaya Angel – Sponsored by LAZURI
▪ Colossus of Rhodes – Built by Rebeca Bashly – Sponsored by .:EMO-tions:.
▪ Lighthouse of Alexandria – Built by Bryn Oh – Sponsored by [sYs] Design
▪ FASHION FOR LIFE – Built by Eshi Otawara – sponsored by Miss Mundo Virtual Organization
▪ FFL Event Sim – Built by Eshi Otawara – Sponsored by Christianraven Resident
▪ Tjake Kearny – JEWELRY BY JAKE
▪ Giz Seorn – GIZZA
▪ Sonia28 Jie – Son!a
▪ Christel Morane – Delirium Style
▪ Mila Tatham – *SoliDea FoliEs*
▪ ZzoieZee – Zanze
ENTERTAINMENT & EVENTS SCHEDULE:
The week will also host a schedule of live entertainment, music and catwalk events and each scheduled fashion show will reveal different outfits from the all new ‘Fashion for Life 2013’ collection.
SATURDAY MARCH 9TH
▪12:00 PM SLT: GRAND OPENING OF FASHION FOR LIFE 2013!
SUNDAY MARCH 10TH
▪10:00 AM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by: KV Dream Agency
MONDAY MARCH 11TH
▪4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by SOLO EVANE
TUESDAY MARCH 12TH
▪4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by AVENUE
WEDNESDAY MARCH 13TH
▪4:00 PM SLT- FASHION SHOW – Produced by Elegance Agency
▪6:00 PM SLT – ANTONIO GALLOWAY IN CONCERT!
THURSDAY MARCH 14TH
▪4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by ZeroModa Italia
FRIDAY MARCH 15TH
▪12:00 PM SLT – CHANGHIGH SISTERS FIRESHOW of Light, Life and Love
▪4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by OPIUM EVOLUTION
SATURDAY MARCH 16TH
▪10:00 AM SLT – GALLIANO COUTURE INSPIRED COLLECTION – Produced by BLVD AGENCY
SUNDAY MARCH 17TH
▪9:00 AM SLT – GRAND FINALE – SL TOP MODEL COMPETITION
▪11:00 AM SLT – CLOSING PARTY – RAFFLE WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
*BOSL Radio will also stream across all 9 sims in partnership with SL club ‘The Velvet’.
* There will be a public ‘BEST FFL PHOTO CONTEST’ for the duration of this event. The winner will receive items from participating FFL designers.
PRESS & MEDIA NOTES:
“When I saw the amount of new and beautiful creations being made for FASHION FOR LIFE 2013, my head span like Linda Blair’s in her best moment. How could we possibly showcase all this new fashion in one week while organizing the event at the same time? Thank God for SL FASHION AGENCIES! They all graciously jumped in to give us a hand. I am forever grateful.” Frolic Mills, BOSL & Co, CEO
Fashion for Life Flickr:
FASHION FOR LIFE LANDING POINTS:
1.- INTERNATIONAL PLAZA:
2.- Mausoleum at Halicarnassus:
3.- Zeus at Olympia:
4.- Hanging Gardens of Babylon:
5.- Artemis at Ephesus:
6.- Colossus of Rhodes:
7.- Pyramid of Giza:
8.- Lighthouse of Alexandria:
9.- FASHION FOR LIFE PARTY SIM:
3 thoughts on “This Week’s SL Relay for Life Events – Fashion for Life”