Everyone is excited for the Relay Season to arrive. The Relay for Life of Second Life is going to have its major events starting this March up until the Wrap up Party in August. The RFL of SL is in its 10th Year of fundraising for the Relay for Life (American Cancer Society).
What happens in Relay for Life?
This is one of the biggest events that happens in Second Life. There are shows, events, parties, shopping, games, etc. that take place. The designers, builders and creators come together to put forth a mega event. All the proceeds go to Relay For Life organization. The total funds raised and the details can be viewed in the Totals Page.
What is special this Year?
The Kick-Off Journey
March 7th, 2014 at noon SLT until March 9th, 2014 at 10:30 pm SLT.
American Cancer Society (ACS) Island
How can I contribute to Relay for Life in Second Life?
Apart from being an active participant in the season, you may help in three other ways:
- 2014 Celebrate Remember Fight Back DJ Championship
- Become a Partner Venue
- Suggest Ideas for the Relay Rap
2014 Celebrate Remember Fight Back DJ Championship
The DJ Championship is open to 1st 24 DJs to enter before March 7th. The venues selected are Arinultra Cay Beach or Partner Venues.
To participate send an email to email@example.com
Attach full permission photo for website/ postings/ signs,
date preferred with 1st and 2nd options,
time preferred with 1st and 2nd option
- Join CRFB Top DJ Group in world – invitations will be sent upon entry
- Shoutcast stream ability
- No tip jars to be used; only kiosks assigned to each participant
- Broadcast 1 RFLof SL promo during each appearance
- Kiosk total does not carry forward; it is reset at each round
- Top DJs selection is based on kiosk donation
- DJs will be provided with promotional materials and Land Marks
- In case there is a Tie in the final Round, it will be broken by total donations from 4 rounds
- No rap or Adult language themes or lyrics to be used
The Preliminary rounds will be 1 hr sets from 1 pm to 3 pm SLT on the following dates:
March 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30,
April 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20
Quarter final rounds will be 1 hr sets from 1 pm to 3 pm SLT among the top 8 DJs selected from the previous round on the following dates.
April 26, 27,
May 3, 4
Semi final rounds will be 1 hr sets from 1 pm to 5 pm SLT among the top 4 DJs selected from the previous round on
Final round will be 2 hr set from 1pm to 5 pm SLT for the top 2 Djs selected from the previous round on
Become a Partner Venue
If you are a Club Owner and you want to become a Partner Venue, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Club must adhere to Relay Rockers and ACS guidelines.
The Sponsor slots are filling up fast
Premier Region (4 slots available) – $ 750/ L$ 187500;
Special Events (slots sold out) – $ 350/ L$ 87500;
Relay Weekend (31 slots available) – $ 250/L$ 62500;
Relay Rap Commercials (36 slots available) with an option to be announced as the show’s sponsor – $ 100/ L$ 25000;
Guidebook Ads- multiple space available
How to pay?
- Go to the ACS Island and pay via RFL of SL kiosk
- Pay at http://relayforlifeofsecondlife.org with PayPal account or Credit Card
- Directly to ACS by cheque. You will receive a “snail-mail form,” fill it up and send to ACS. Send the copy of the cheque to email@example.com to confirm with shared services department
Suggest Ideas for the Relay Rap
Trader Whiplash will host a show every Sunday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm SLT at the t1 Radio. He will talk about Relay for Life. To suggest him topics related to RFL, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about Relay For Life and read other stories visit RFL of SL One Team.